Monday, February 2

Why I gave up on "The Count of Monte Cristo"



Ok, I suppose this is slightly a lie. I did finish it when I read it for College Prep in High School and I loved it. The characters came alive for me and it's one of the first books where I was disappointed when I finished reading it. I wanted it to keep going.

It is the unabridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo that I never finished. I borrowed it a few years back from a guy I was dating at the time. I eyed it on his bookshelf one day and I figured I'd give it a shot since I loved the story in High School.

I don't even think I made it as far as The Count finding the treasure and I lost interest. That unabridged version is long!

I still have the book, never had the chance to return it when Mr. Twin-Gun (Sam and Chris's nickname for this guy) ended the relationship. I think about starting it every once in a while but I haven't actually done it.

Maybe some day.


1 comment:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this books as well. (The movie too!) This was my favorite from college prep and continues to be so after all these years. Maybe I should be brave and check out the unabridged version. Honestly, I never knew there was one. Thanks to Plinky and YOU I am now informed!
    Enjoy your Monday night, E!

    ReplyDelete