Tuesday, February 10

Now I'm Hungry

After just reading thehansonhattrick and reading about the yummy recipe that she posted not only did it make me hungry but it reminded me of a fettuccine alfredo recipe that I made this weekend with the apple boy.  Now don't turn up your nose at it when I tell you this.  But guess what?  Its a light recipe.  And guess what?  Its actually pretty good.  And even better?  I don't feel like I ate a gallon of butter, cream and cheese when I'm done eating.

Ingredients:
8 oz. fettuccine noodles, uncooked (half the box)
1 1/4 cups 25%-less-sodium chicken broth
4 teaspoons flour
1/3 cup Philadelphia light cream cheese spread
3 Tablespoons 100% Light Parmesan Grated Cheese divided (yes, the stuff in the can)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions:
Cook pasta as directed on package.

Meanwhile, combine broth and flour in medium saucepan. Stir in cream cheese spread, 2 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese, the nutmeg and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wire whisk until mixture boils and thickens.

Drain pasta. Toss with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and the parsley. 

Servings Per Recipe: 4 

And it even gives the nutrition facts per serving! 


Amount Per Serving
Calories: 331
Total Fat: 5.3
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 127mg
Total Carbs: 58.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
Protein: 13.1g

In weight watchers speak its about 7 points per serving.  Which isn't too shabby.  When we made it this weekend we added broccoli (yes mom, I voluntarily ate broccoli for once) and apple boy made really yummy chicken to add to it.  I really we skipped on the chopped fresh parsley.  If I were to make it for a family I would probably make the whole box of pasta and double the recipe.  Mmmm....leftovers....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I'll definitely have to try it. Personally I think it would be great to have a 'light' substitute for the alfredo. It always seems a bit too heavy when I make my own homemade sauce.
    Thanks for sharing! (Especially since I am 1/3 in the trying new meals department this week. Only one was worthy of a post. Ugh.)

    ReplyDelete