Sunday, September 7

Ren Fest

Today the Roomie and I ventured over the to Renaissance Festival.  It was her first time going, and my first time going dressed up.  Yep, I was one of those people.  And it was a blast.  Who knew the dress I wore as a kid playing dress up would one day fit me and I would actually wear it on more than one occasion (it was part of my pirate Halloween costume two years in a row, make a few adjustments and its a renaissance dress, it could also easily turn into a gypsy dress). 

We met some of our friends there who were also dressed up for the occasion, got our hair braided (see below), saw some shows, did some shopping, drank (some more than others), ate a turkey leg (of course), and met some new, fun people.  

It was pretty cold and rainy when we first got there.  It was especially cold for those of us me who wore sleeveless dress, and sandals.  But it warmed up pretty quickly, or was that just me and those beverages I consumed?  Maybe both.  While I was getting my hair braided my feet were a nice shade of purple...but it was worth it.  

See?

Its a 5 strand french braid.  Pretty cute, huh?  I'm attempting to leave it in tonight to wear to work tomorrow.  For what I paid for it, I'm going to get as much out of it as I can.  

I didn't bring a camera with me (sad, I know) so thats the only picture I have of today. (BTW, do you know how hard it is to take a picture of the back of your head using a big SLR camera?  It's pretty difficult.)

Speaking of pictures...I still need to get those state fair pics up...maybe that will be tomorrows task...

No comments:

Post a Comment